LabArchives® COVID-19 Contingency Plan
ORIGINALLY RELEASED: March 12, 2020
LAST UPDATED: March 30, 2020
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we at LabArchives want to communicate to our global users how we are prepared to handle your research and/or course data as well as support your remote working needs.
Whether you have a team of researchers or a classroom of students, LabArchives allows users to collaborate and share data without being together. Important work and learning can safely continue without skipping a beat, no matter where you are or who you need to communicate with.
- LabArchives has contingency plans in place to ensure operations run smoothly despite the impacts of COVID-19.
- LabArchives is a cloud service provider and a cloud service consumer.
- LabArchives is a serverless office with all business systems including phones provided by major cloud providers.
- Due to federal, state and local directives, all LabArchives staff are operating from isolated, remote offices with full access to email, phones and business systems required for their jobs.
- LabArchives is running at 100% effectiveness through the COVID-19 pandemic.
- No LabArchives customer data or backups resides in any corporate offices.
- LabArchives systems, databases, networks and security systems in the United States, Australia and Europe (UK) are running in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- All services in all regions are running at full power with available capacity to support the anticipated increase in our customer’s needs to provide remote research and learning.
- Business Continuity plans account for extreme situations like an office closure to insure that our global services remain online, fully functional and fully supported by staff.
- All Business-related travel has been temporarily halted with the ability to handle remote, online meetings.
- LabArchives has standards of performance guarantees and verified business continuity with all of its major service providers
In short, any regional or office restrictions will not impact LabArchives’ ability to securely serve its users around the globe.
LabArchives is ready to assist as you prepare a COVID-19 response plan for your institution, course or lab. If you need help taking your research or course online, we are here to help.
We will continue to monitor this rapidly evolving situation and provide updates as more information becomes available. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.