Territory Manager, Enterprise
The Territory Manager for Enterprise sales is responsible for establishing relationships and acquiring enterprise level customers with a primary focus on higher education and secondary focus on industry, healthcare and government research. Successful candidates will establish relationships with key decision makers in targeted institutions in scientific research functions, scientific instruction/support, administration and IT.
As a Territory Manager, you will be responsible for generating leads and managing the sales process in order to convert new clients. We are seeking sales professionals who have a strong record of success managing and achieving sales goals within a team selling environment. This role is the Northeastern US region (ideally Boston) and will operate from a home office with frequent travel required to customer institutions, as well as less frequent travel to LabArchives offices in San Diego (headquarters) and/or Washington DC area office.
- Outbound focused sales position within a geographic territory.
- Sales, prospecting, engagement, negotiations.
- Managing relationships in assigned accounts.
- Execute all sales activities within assigned territory.
- Conduct application demonstrations / training seminars, sales presentations, support.
- Prepare and present detailed proposals to individual researchers, professors, IT and administration staff.
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 5 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and enterprise level sales experience with scientific software to the academic & research markets.
- Experience selling enterprise SaaS based solutions within a complex sales process.
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of LabArchives products as well as the needs of science instruction at the university level & research data management in academic/government/corporate research labs.
- Able to operate in a team selling environment and engage high-level decision makers.
- Strong record of establishing relationships with new accounts and hitting performance objectives.
- High level of enthusiasm.
- Strong selling and negotiation skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills; able to manage several projects simultaneously, function well in a fast-paced environment and coordinate effectively with other team members.
- Scientific Lab course experience / Science / Engineering degree a plus.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills. Experience presenting products (in person and via online meetings).
- Experience working with CRM software applications.
- Willingness for frequent travel, as well as flexibility to work infrequent evenings and/or weekends.
- Higher Education sales experience a plus.
Tags: Sales, Prospecting, Managing Relationships, Marketing, Presentations, Support, Training