1.01 LabArchives Inventory Introduction
LabArchives Inventory provides lab managers and researchers with an easy-to-use tool to help streamline the organization, usage, tracking, and ordering of inventory items. It is designed to simplify the process of finding and managing inventory. Lab managers can search by item type, location, while also managing order workflow. Highly customizable and convenient tools allow for linking to LabArchives Notebooks, creation of QR codes, and quick lookup of the details of items using a mobile device.
Inventory is designed to be set up for each lab to mirror the physical storage locations you use along with the items stored and used in your lab. To begin using Inventory in your lab, the person with lab management responsibilities should create the lab account and begin customizing information on Inventory Types and Storage before adding inventory. This person will have the user role of “Lab Manager” and can add other Lab Managers to help with the set up process.
- Supports multiple types of inventory items
- Ability to fully customize inventory types and locations
- Use for consumables and lab-made items
- Track usage and receive notifications when quantities are running below set thresholds
- Print QR codes and scan with mobile devices
- Order workflow to streamline reorder requests, approval, order, and receipt of products with real-time order status
- Bulk import via Excel
Benefits of using LabArchives Inventory:
- Save time and increase efficiency by managing your lab inventory better.
- Avoid duplicate orders
- Improve reproducibility with linking detailed information to protocols in the ELN.
- Report on use, categories of inventory, and have a complete history of usage of each inventory item.
- Document materials used with a single mouse click.
- Manage multiple types of materials and consumables.