How Can We Help?
2.03.2 Configure Resources
Once you add or import resources, they will appear near the bottom of the page, as shown below. Once the resource has been created, you can configure more information about the resource.
The options for each resource are broken up into three columns. In the left-most column, you can specify Resource information.
Note the top three buttons on this column, as shown below:
Going from left to right, these buttons allow you to edit the resource’s name, duplicate the resource, and delete the resource, respectively.
The options in the left column for each resource include:
Status: which can be Available, Unavailable, or hidden.
Schedule: A schedule allows you to indicate when a resource is available.
Type: which is customized by the Application/Schedule/Resource Admin.
Sort Order: The Sort Order controls where on the top to bottom list the Resource appears.
Location, Contact, Description, and Notes fields: Allows you to provide users with more information about the resources.
Resource Admin: A resource Admin has control over specific resources. For more information about Resource Admins, please see our article on Users and Groups.
QR Code: A QR code is a quick scan-able link for anyone trying to make a quick reservation for this via a Smartphone or Tablet. For more information about Schedules, please see our article on Schedules.
Additional fields can be added to this left most column by including Custom Attributes for Resources. Custom Attributes can be created by the App Admin, but these are available to Premium Organizations only.
The middle column contains the fields Duration, Capacity, Permissions, and Public.
Duration: Edit the Duration Settings for your Resource by clicking the pencil icon next to the “Duration” header. The window that appears is shown below.
- There is no minimum reservation duration – Unchecking this allows you to specify the minimum reservation length for this resource
- There is no maximum reservation duration – Unchecking this allows you to specify the maximum reservation length for this resource
- There is no buffer between reservations – Unchecking this allows you to specify the minimum length of time between successive reservations for this resource.
- Reservations can be made across days – Unchecking this prohibits a single reservation to span two or more days.
When you click the pencil icon next to the “Capacity” header, you will see the window shown below:
The Capacity field allows you to specify a maximum number of participants on a reservation for this Resource. Any person trying to make a reservation for this resource who includes some number of people greater than the resource’s capacity will be rejected.
Permissions: The Permissions section has two options. You can set permissions by users or by groups.
If you click ‘Users’, you can grant access to individual users for this resource. Access can be set to None (can’t see or reserve this resource), View Only (can see reservations for this Resource but can’t create my own reservations), or Full Access (may view and create reservations for this resource.
If you want to instead provide Access at the group level, click ‘Groups’. Here you can grant None/View Only/Full Access to entire groups of users for this resource. For more information on Creating Groups, please see this article.
Public: Under Public, you can click the link “Show to Public” to turn publicly viewability for this resource on or off. The reservations for publicly accessible resources can be viewed as Read Only via an RSS feed or via iCalendar.
The options on the far right column are Access and Resource Groups.
Clicking the pencil icon next to the “Access” heading produces the window shown below:
- Reservations can be made up until the current time – Unchecking this box allows you to specify a minimum “lead time” for reservations. For example, if you set the “lead time” to three days, no reservation for this resource can be made more than three days in advance.
- Reservations can be updated up until the current time – Unchecking this box allows you to specify a minimum “lead time” for any edits to existing reservations. For example, if you set the “lead time” to three days, no existing reservation for this resource can be modified in anyway less than three days ahead of the reservation start time.
- Reservations can be deleted up until the current time – Unchecking this box allows you to specify a minimum “lead time” for any deletions for existing reservations. For example, if you set the “lead time” to three days, no existing reservation for this resource can be deleted less than three days ahead of the reservation start time.
- Reservations can end at any point in the future – Unchecking this box allows you to specify how soon a reservation for this resource must end relative to the current time. For example, if you set this time limit to three days, any reservation for this resource must end no later than 72 hours from the current time.
- Reservations must be approved – When this box is checked, any reservation to this resource must go through an approval process. This process is explained in more detail below.
- Permission is automatically granted – With this box checked, any new user added to your Organization automatically gets Full Access permissions for this resource. If this box is normally checked, and you later uncheck it, you will get the option to remove existing permissions for this resource. Finally, note that, if this resource is checked, there is no need to manage permissions for this resource via the Permissions section.
- Requires check in/out- When this box is checked, any reservation to this resource must go through the check in/check out process. By placing a number value in the “Automatically released…” box, the reservation will delete itself if it does not receive check in within the given number of minutes after reservation start time. This process is explained in more detail below.
- Allow concurrent reservations- When this box is checked it allows resources to be booked at the same time. For more information on concurrent reservations, Click Here.