2017 Feature Releases
December 28, 2017
- All new look for the login and account creation pages. Along with the sleeker design is a new security feature that will limit users to 5 unsuccessful login attempts before they are prompted to reset their passwords.
- Web session time-out control for institutions with enterprise subscriptions to LabArchives. This allows the site administrators to set the amount of time a session is inactive (user is not taking any action in LabArchives) before the session times out. Users will see a warning about 2 minutes before the session times out. All changes are saved before the session ends.
- New CUI Coversheet widget provides users their choice of three options to notify users that Controlled Unclassified Information is on a page or in a portion of the notebook.
- Fully updated Chemical Sketcher widgets now include text annotations, the ability to copy and paste structures, along with many new drawing tools such as rings, chains, templates, atom label tool, and more.
- Updated PDF generation tool provides the option to include comments in a pdf along with the option to leave out empty folders. Improved formatting avoids breaking entries across pages and enhances page name presentation.
December 21, 2017
- The new Collaboration feature allows users to work on the same page and see when someone else is editing an entry and will be locked out during the edit. If a collaborator has an entry in edit mode and takes no action after 10 minutes, all changes will be saved and the entry will be unlocked and available for editing. Updates will be seen right away and this ensures that users are always editing the latest version of rich text entries, plain text entries, headings, widgets, sketches, or PubMed references. This feature does not extend to Online Office Document editing, which supports simultaneous editing or to image annotating. Learn more.
- Enhanced searchability of Word and PowerPoint files created using Office Online.
November 30, 2017
- Various security enhancements including the use of virus scanning on CSV uploads.
- Improved handling of non-ASCII characters on the mobile app.
- Office Online auto-saving behavior adjusted to reduce a large number of revisions while ensuring an autosave every 15 minutes or whenever updates are made from a different tool or person.
November 2, 2017
- Improved updates to users when a page they are working on is signed by a colleague.
- Addressed document creation issue with ThinkFree for users with limited access rights.
October 19, 2017
- Improved error message when uploading a .CSV file that is larger than 1MB – The CSV Upload feature that allows for easy creation of custom freezer box or database widgets and population with data, is limited to CSV files of 1MB or less. The user will now see a warning if their file exceeds this size limit.
- Enhanced handling of UTF-8 characters in the name field for an assignment entry.
October 12, 2017
- Introducing page signing and witnessing – This new feature provides more options for notebook signing and introduces a signing-witnessing workflow that is 21 CFR Part 11 compliant. Learn more.
October 5, 2017
- The Share dialog box has been given an updated look and new functionality to auto-suggest email addresses drawing from those who already are part of the notebook owner’s account. This means if someone owns 3 notebooks and has added 3 different people to each one, when using Share, the autosuggest would pull from those 9 existing members of the account. The notebook owner or administrator can also add someone who is not in the account already.
- MS Office Plugin for Windows updated to improve functioning and messaging. We recommend users download and install the latest version for the best experience.