How Can We Help?
2018 Feature Releases
December 6, 2018
- Site Admin page synchronization improvements
- Improved feedback when adding a user in User Management
- Security enhancements for page URLs
November 29, 2018
- Updated the look of the Site Admin page for Enterprise License sites. The UI changes make it easier to obtain statistics of the site, reports, and set settings. The reports now also include Single Sign-On IDs.
- Increase the expiration time for Microsoft Office Online session
- Update error feedback for User Properties
- Improved course announcement functionality
- Security enhancements for link generation
November 15, 2018
- The new Archive Course option allows instructors to retain ownership of student
notebooks,while providing instructors, teaching assistants, and students read-only access,and can be referenced again anytime. To learn more about this feature, Click Here.
- Updated UI for Notebook Manager to improve efficiency.
November 8, 2018
- Security enhancements for Rich Text Entries
November 7, 2018
- Microsoft Office Plug-In for Mac and Windows updated to improve messaging, functionality, and branding. Download the latest version.
November 1, 2018
- Allows users to download a PDF or offline notebook which includes the portions to which they have at least read-only access.
October 25, 2018
- Notebook Ownership Control option for Enterprise sites with Single Sign-On.
- Limit PDF/Offline Notebook generation to 100 GBs for improved performance
- Improved messaging for security virus warnings
- iOS Mobile App
updateto address issues with thumbnail displays and Rich Text Entry functionality. Download the latest version of the app on Apple’s App Store.
October 11, 2018
- Updated account creation page for new users to add your institution or company information
- Additional confirmation checks to uploaded attachments
October 4, 2018
- Enhancements to Assignment Navigator to improve navigation while grading students’ notebooks.
September 27, 2018
- Android Mobile App
updateto address issues with thumbnail displays and Rich Text Entry functionality. Download the latest version of the app on the Google Play Store.
September 25, 2018
- Folder Monitor for Mac and Windows updated to allow special characters in file names, have the ability to dismiss long error messages, improved error messaging, and branding. Download the latest version
September 13, 2018
- The Notebook Manager has been updated with a new look. The new update allows better navigation and overview of notebooks under
account. Learn More Here.
- Improved display of login activity, when using single sign-on, to reflect the notebook in view to which user has access rights.
August 30, 2018
- Update the Top Navigation Bar with a newer and sleeker look. In addition, to the updated look, the changes improve accessibility navigating the menu options
August 23, 2018
- Remove ThinkFree
August 16, 2018
- Enterprise sites can determine which Creative Commons licenses to present to users if they are allowing publishing from LabArchives with the assignment of a DOI. Users can then select a Creative Commons license when requesting permission to publish content from LabArchives.
July 19, 2018
- LabArchives Mobile App v3.0 is available for Android and iOS and from Google Play and App Store, respectively. The new version of the Mobile App features a completely new UI, modern page navigation, and new features including the ability to take and upload video and audio files, a sketch tool, as well as the fully functional assignment entry so that students can submit work via the mobile app.
- SnapGene integration to connect your visualization and simulations of molecular biology procedures seamlessly into LabArchives. Learn More Here.
July 12, 2018
- Canvas and Moodle LTI
isavailable for early adopters to integrate LabArchives in their LMS courses. Easily link assignments in the LabArchives course with corresponding content in Canvas and Moodle for seamlessexperience for students. Contact email@example.com for more information on enabling Canvas and Moodle linking for your course.
- The Notebook Dashboard has been updated with a new look and feel. In addition to the updated display, the stats now include the count of deleted folders, pages, and entries (remember, nothing is permanently deleted and all can be re-instated in the notebook hierarchy or on the page), and it is fully accessible.
- Help menu layout updated to speed access to all the support resources. Our Knowledge Base was completely reorganized to make it is easier to peruse and search for topics of interest.
- Ensure witnesses’ signatures continue to display even if the Witnessing Option is disabled for a notebook.
June 28, 2018
- Improvements to PDF generation efficiency
May 31, 2018
- Remove Classic Course Manager
May 24, 2018
- The Activity Feed has been updated with a new look and
feeland is now completely accessible. The Activity Feed shows every activity that has occurred in your LabArchives account. It’s a great tool for keeping up to date on the notebooks in your account. Learn More Here.
- Ensure TA’s always have rights to a notebook in Assignment Navigator
May 17, 2018
- Improve PDF generations with embedded YouTube and Google Doc links.
May 3, 2018
- Security enhancements to password fields
- Adding a description to a recently edited office document can cause users to lose data
April 26, 2018
- Allow to upload ChemDraw (.cdx) files and view molecular structures in a notebook.
April 12, 2018
- Enhancements to printing a notebook page
- Improvements to searching molecular structures of ChemDraw files
April 4, 2018
- Enhance Copy from Another Notebook feature to allow notebook owners to control if contents can be copied
March 29, 2018
- PDF generation performance improvements
- ThinkFree Improvements
March 22, 2018
- The User Properties has a new look and feel. The User properties on contain user information where they can adjust their settings, and ORCID field has been added.
- DOI- Clicking “Metadata” brings the user to an incorrect URL
- Microsoft Office Plug-In Mac updated to improve installations with Microsoft Office 2016 and detach feature.
March 15, 2018
- DOI Permission option for Enterprise License
February 22, 2018
- Improvements of Region redirect
- Remove Zoho
- Improvements to PDF generations with subfolders
February 8, 2018
- Folder Monitor updates for Windows and Mac to improve error messaging and
handling,added synchronize functionality, and improve installation updates.
- Improve login experience for Single Sign-On users
- Add messaging browser compatibility. To learn more about LabArchives browser and operating system compatibility, Click Here.
February 1, 2018
- Timestamps are inconsistent when
cancellingedits in an entry
- Accessibility improvements for Login and Account Creation pages
- Improvements to Notebook PDF generations for highly structured notebooks
January 18, 2018
- Improved messaging for PDF generation
- Enhanced browser autofill on Login Page
- Improved region redirect if
useris on the wrong region server
January 16, 2018
- Improved PDF generation for student notebooks when
pageis locked and for non-ASCII characters
- Email messaging improvement for locked accounts
January 8, 2018
- Single Sign-On users no longer get locked out when logging in incorrectly into LabArchives
- Enhanced User Properties page feedback
- Improved account creations for students signing up manually
January 4, 2018
- Improve image annotation performance
- Improved syncing of Instructor course notebooks and student notebooks of deleted pages