5.02.3 Google Docs Widget
The Google Docs widget allows you to view and edit any Google Docs, Sheets or Slides document directly inside of your notebook.
How do you use the Google Doc widget?
- Select “Widget” on the Add Entry Toolbar and select the “Google Docs” Widget.
- In Google Drive, create a Share link for the document by Clicking the Share icon indicated below.
- Copy the Share link to your clipboard
NOTE: Be sure to adjust the Share permissions as necessary for your Google Doc.
- Paste the share link into the Widget field
- Click “Save to Page”
Increasing the View Window Size in the Google Docs Widget
If you want to make the view area in the Google Docs widget larger, you can do this by editing the HTML source code. To do this, follow the below steps:
1. With the Widget Manager open, ensure the Google Docs widget is selected.
2. Click copy to make a new copy
3. Give your new copy a name and save to ensure the widget is not lost.
4. Click the “Source” button where it appears in the center left region of the Editor toolbar.
5. With the source code revealed, scroll to the bottom. Find the section of the HTML that reads
html_code = ‘<iframe src=”‘+doc_url+'” style=”border:0″ width=”800″ height=”600“ frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”auto”></iframe>’;
6 .Replace the numbers inside quotes after width= and height= to increase the view area size.
html_code = ‘<iframe src=”‘+doc_url+'” style=”border:0″ width=”1000″ height=”1200″ frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”auto”></iframe>’;
Make sure to click the “save” button in the Widget Manager to save your modifications. When you go to use this on a page in your notebook, make sure you use your custom version of the Google Docs widget, rather than the original version that you modified.