5.03.1 The Widget Manager
Note: The Notebook Owner can control the widgets available in a Notebook. The Widget Manager is only available within a Notebook that you own. An Administrator in the Notebook can also access the Widget Manager. If you would like to share a widget to another Notebook Owner, click here.
The Widget Manager is accessed via the Triple-Dot icon
The Widget Manager has three sections: Available Widgets, Widget Editor, and the Widget Canvas.
The Available Widgets section allows you to copy or delete an existing widget or create a new widget.
- The drop-down menu will list all widgets to which you have access. This will show
built-inwidgets as well as any custom widgets. Once a widget is selected, you will see the information for that widget listed in the Widget Editor and the Widget Canvas.
- To create a new blank Widget, click New.
- After selecting a widget from the drop-down menu, it can be deleted or copied. If you copy a widget, it will
say“copy” in the Widget Title field.
NOTE: A widget cannot be undeleted. Deleting a Widget will not affect the pages that contain this widget,
The Widget Editor section allows you to name a widget, provide a description, and save the widget. A description is not required but it can explain the intended purpose and context of each widget.
NOTE: The Widget Manager does not save automatically. Be sure to click “Save Widget” periodically.
The Widget Canvas
The Canvas is where your Widget can be built and previewed.
The Canvas has three tabs:
- Widget HTML Editor tab: The Widget HTML Editor tab works a lot like the Rich Text Editor. This allows you to format your widget and add interactive elements. For more information on the Rich
texttools Click Here and for information on adding interactive elements to your widget Click Here.
- The Preview tab: The Preview tab allows you to view and test your widget before adding it to your notebook.
- The Script Editor tab: The Script Editor tab allows you to view and edit the script that makes up your widget. This tab is only recommended for advanced users.
To learn more about custom widgets, Click Here.