6.05 Manage My Account
The Manage My Account tool can be used to Add or Remove someone from multiple notebooks simultaneously in your LabArchives account. In a notebook that you own, click your name on the top right and select “Manage My Account.“
When you click this, you will be brought to the Manage My Account tool. This will display a table showing everyone who has access to at least one notebook under your ownership. An example of this is shown below:
At the top left of the page is the name of your account (an example image is shown below). You can change the account name at any time by clicking the pencil icon to the right of your name.
Across from the
Each of these links provides counts of people who have access to your notebooks:
Remember that each Member takes 1 seat in an account. Guests, however, do not require a seat.
There is also an icon-based color code that indicates the role of the given person:
On the far right for each person’s row, there are three more items (going from left to right):
Adding people to your account
You can quickly find a specific person in your account using the Search Bar. To display any recent changes in the Manage My Account tool, click the Refresh button. To add a new person to your account via the Manage My Account tool, click on the Add Person button, and input this person’s email address.
If you do click the Add Person button, you will see a window that looks like this:
Add the email address
- Select your desired role for this person in the Role drop-down menu.
- Select the notebooks to which you want this person to have access. You can Select all or check individual notebooks.
- Click on Add Person button at top of
pagewhen you are done making your selections.
Remove a User through Manage My Account
You can remove the person from all notebooks you own in one step. Find the name of the person you want to remove from your notebook(s) and to the right of the person’s name is a trashcan icon.
NOTE: This will remove the person from ALL of your notebooks. If you want to remove them from a specific notebook, learn how to do that here.
NOTE: If a user has a pending witness, they can not be removed from the notebook. For more information about witnessing, Click Here.
Manage My Account Settings
This feature also allows you to manage account settings for the notebooks that you own. You can find this setting on the right-hand side gear icon.
There are a few options that you have:
- Show content from my notebooks in notification emails – This control allows you to show or hide content from notification emails. To learn more about this, click here
- Allow copying from my account to notebooks in another account – This control allows users who have access to your notebooks to copy data into a notebook that you do not own. To learn more about this feature, click here
- Office Document Editor – This gives you the option to choose the Office Document Editor used in your notebooks. To learn more about the Office Document editor, click here.