6.02 User Roles and Privileges
- Owner – can edit, clone, and delete the entire notebook. An Owner can control who has access to the data. There can only be one designated person for this role. This person is usually a Principle Investigator, Project/Lab Manager.
- Administrator – has the same rights as the owner, but they cannot delete or clone a notebook. Each Administrator occupies 1 seat.
- User – can be given edit or view only rights. A User cannot share a notebook. Each User occupies 1 seat.
- Guest – can be given edit rights for 60 days. After 60 days, the Guest access will become read only. There isn’t a limit on the number of Guests.
Below is a table of privileges based on their role in the notebook.
|Read/Edit?||Yes||Yes||Yes||Edit access can only be given for 60 days|
|Can Comment?||Yes||Yes||Yes||Only with Owner/Admin approval|
|Can Delete Comments?||Yes||Yes||Only if it is the Users’ Comment||Only if it is the Guests’ Comment|
|Allow Commenting Privileges?||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Can be part of a Group?||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|Can Modify Permissions?||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Can Clone a Notebook?||Yes||No||No||No|
|Can Delete a Notebook?||Yes||No||No||No|
|Can Transfer Ownership of a Notebook?||Yes||No||No||No|
|Can Access “Manage My Account”?||Yes||No||No||No|
|Can Access “Notebook Settings”?||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Allow Markdown in Plain Text Entries?||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Specify Adding New Entries to Top/Bottom of Page||Yes||No||No||No|
|Can use “Rearrange Entries” Page Tool?||Yes||No||No||No|
|Allow Signing/Witnessing in Notebook?||Yes||No||No||No|
|Can restrict use of “Copy from another notebook”?||Yes||No||No||No|
|Can Sign?||Yes||Only with Owner/Admin approval and Edit rights to page||Only with Owner/Admin approval and Edit rights to page||Only with Owner/Admin approval and Edit rights to page|
|Can Witness?||Yes||Only with Owner/Admin approval and Full Access Group||Only with Owner/Admin approval and Full Access Group||No|
Having Access to the Notebook Settings menu entails:
1. Control commenting privileges.
2. Ability to add/remove persons from the notebook.
3. Control the Roles of all persons in the notebook.
4. Control signing and witnessing privileges for all persons in the notebook.
5. Ability to create and modify LabArchives Groups.
6. Ability to remove persons from LabArchives Groups.
Tags: Notebook Owner, Owner, Ownership, Ownership, Own, PI, Lab Manager, Manage, Admin, Admin, Administrator, Administrator, User, User, User, Role, Role, Role, Share, Share, Guest, Guest, Guest, Sharing, Sharing Sharing, sharing