7.02.1 Microsoft Office Plugin for Windows
The LabArchives Microsoft Office Plugin allows Windows users to integrate LabArchives with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Once installed, you can select “Login to LabArchives”, “Save to LabArchives” or “Open from LabArchives” all within Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Download and Install the Plugin
- Download the program by clicking the triple dot icon, select “Downloads”, and click “Microsoft Office Plugin.”
2. Run the Plugin Installer file
3. Select a destination for LabArchives Office Plugin and click “Next”.
4. Confirm the Installation by clicking “Next”. You may need to enter your administrator account information.
5. The installation may take several minutes. When finished, click “Next”
6. When the installation is complete click “Close”
In Word, Excel, or PowerPoint, click “Login to LabArchives“ on the file menu, and enter your login credentials on the “Authentication” window. Select “Remember Me” to save your login credentials.
If you are an Australian or UK User, and would like to log into your account, you can do so by following the steps below.
If you log in using your institutional credentials, see the Single Sign-On instructions.
- To save a new document to LabArchives click, “Save as to LabArchives”
- The “Save Files” window works like the Notebook Navigator. On the drop-down list, select your notebook and expand folders to view a page.
- After selecting a page, name your document and click “Save”
When you select “Save” within Microsoft Office you will see the message below. Clicking yes, will upload the document to LabArchives.
- To open a file stored in your notebook click “Open from LabArchives.”
- The “Open Files” window works like the Notebook Navigator. On the drop-down list, select your notebook and expand folders of your notebook to view a page.
- After selecting a page, you will see any Word, Excel, or PowerPoint documents stored on that page.
- To open a document, select the file and click “Open.”
If you open a file that is stored locally and there is a more recent version saved to LabArchives, you will see a message like the one below.
Documents opened from LabArchives that are also saved on your local drive have a connection to LabArchives. If you do not want the changes to be saved back to LabArchives, click “Detach from LabArchives”.