Organize Today: +1.760.579.0342 / 800.653.5016
Earl B. Beutler, CEO
Former co-founder of Research Information System, Inc, (developers of Reference Manager and Reference Update) and RefWorks (acquired by ProQuest in 2008), B.A. in Biology from the UCSD, and M.S. in Medical Information Systems from UCSF.
Matt Dunie, President
Mr. Dunie has founded or co-founded three information and content application services companies: including Insight Publications, RefWorks, and LabArchives, where he also serves as President. He was also president of academic publisher and technology provider Cambridge Scientific Abstracts (now ProQuest) for eight years. Mr. Dunie has held numerous board positions and currently serves as a Director of ThirdIron, LLC. Bachelor of Science, College of Journalism, University of Maryland at College Park.
Kirk Schneider, Chief Technology Officer
Over 25 years of development experience in the scientific and academic marketplace, former lead developer of Reference Manager and Reference Update as well as the co-founder, Chief Technology Officer and Lead Architect at RefWorks.
Steve Maybo, IT Director
Started his career in information technology at Research Information Systems, Inc., when he helped develop the first delivery of scientific current awareness via the Internet in the early 1990's. former co-founder and Director of Information Technology at RefWorks.
Marie Linvill, Director - Product Experience
Former Product Manager and Director of Content Integration at ProQuest, where she managed the launch of research funding solution, Pivot, and the researcher discovery and collaboration tool, Scholar Universe. In addition to cloud-based solutions for researchers, worked as Senior Editor for various academic publishers, including Little, Brown and Company and Singular Publishing Group.
Jim McGinty, Co-Founder
Vice Chairmen , and previous President, of Cambridge Information Group (CIG) . More than 40 years in the Information Industry, Jim has led and actively participated in the research, development, an application of new technologies to serve the information needs of the research community.
Colleen Stempien, Co-Founder
Current President of Vision InfoSoft Corporation, a leading provider of software and information products. Prior to joining Vision InfoSoft, she was co-founder and President of RefWorks, She has a BA degree in Business from Michigan State University.
LabArchives interfaces with leading scientific / laboratory software products to make it easier to store and retrieve important lab data. Some of our partners are listed above. LabArchives includes a powerful API which enables authorized partners to access LabArchives to upload data to Laboratory Notebooks, query and retrieve files, and much more. To become a LabArchives partner, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
LabArchives is a cloud-based software application (Software-as-a-Service) which replaces the traditional paper notebook in professional research labs and higher education institution lab courses. Our Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) solution is used by tens of thousands of scientists and professors (including two Nobel Prize winners) to store, organize, share, and publish their laboratory data. Since launching our initiative to convert traditional paper notebooks to our digital notebook in 2010, we have brought on a number of leading international institutions including California Institute of Technology, Cornell University, Tufts University, UT Southwestern, University of Sydney, Monash University, The Garvan Medical Research Institute, University of Wisconsin, Yale University, and with the recent partnership with Internet2, this expansion will only continue to grow...
We offer a great opportunity to work with a technology team that is advancing the way universities and laboratories around the world store, organize, share, and publish their scientific and other academic data. Our work environment is uniquely fun, yet challenging and compelling. Giving team members the ability for unlimited professional growth while having a direct effect on the success and direction of the business.
Current Open Positions
Sales Representative is responsible for establishing relationships with key decision makers in in higher education institutions in scientific research functions, scientific instruction, administration and IT. As a Sales Representative, you will be responsible for generating leads and managing the sales process in order to convert new clients. We are seeking sales professionals who have a strong record of success managing and achieving sales goals within a team selling environment. The position will operate from a home office, with frequent travel required.
Sales Representative / Territory Manager
- Outbound focused sales position within a geographic territory
- Sales prospecting, engagement, negotiations
- Managing relationships in assigned accounts
- Execute all sales activities within assigned territory
- Conduct application demonstrations / training seminars and sales presentations
- Prepare and present detailed proposals to individual researchers, professors, IT and administrative staff
- Bachelors’ degree plus at least 5 years’ related experience, or equivalent combination of education and consultative relationship-driven sales experience with scientific software to the academic and research markets
- Experience selling enterprise SaaS based solutions within a complex sales process
- Higher Education sales experience a plus
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of LabArchives products as well as the needs of science instruction at the university level & data management in academic/corporate research labs
- Able to operate in a team selling environment and engage high-level decision makers
- Strong record of establishing relationships with new accounts and hitting performance objectives
- High level of enthusiasm
- Strong selling and negotiation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills; able to manage several projects simultaneously, function well in a fast-paced environment and coordinate effectively with other team members
- Scientific Lab course experience / Science / Engineering degree a plus
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills. Experience presenting products (in person and via online meetings)
- Experience working with CRM software applications
- Willingness for frequent travel, as well as flexibility to work infrequent evenings and/or weekends
Sales Prospecting, Managing Relationships, Conduct Presentations
As a Developer at LabArchives, you will be part of a small, dedicated team working on the development of our industry leading Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN). Within the development team, there is a tremendous opportunity to have a big impact on a daily basis as you help advance our ELN tool. Lets get started!
- Design and develop web applications in Ruby/Rails environment
- Deliver scalable high quality code
- Work closely with product managers and dev team managers to realize features and additions
- Enthusiastic about web development and finding/learning new technologies
- 1-3 years of Web development (Ruby/rails) experience preferable
- Knowledge of OOP and MVC and other development patterns
- Solid understanding and programming skills with databases (MySQL/SQLite)
- Experience with git
- San Diego County resident (telecommuting)
Customer Care Representative
As our customer base is quickly expanding, we need an individual who enjoys working with customers in a variety of ways including, technical support, training, and documentation. This is a key role that will interface directly with our customers (laboratory professionals and professors) and sales representatives to resolve problems, answer questions and conduct application training.
- ELN application training of groups or individuals in person or via webinar
- Troubleshoot, analyze and solve problems over e-mail, chat, and phone
- Quality assurance and software testing
- Excellent knowledge of computer platforms, preferably on both Windows and Mac
- Customer service or Technical support experience
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Familiarity with science lab classes desired but not require
- Bi-lingual also a plus
Support, Training, Customer Care, Tech Support
Benefits - What we offer:
We value our team members, recognize, and reward hard work. This is why we only recruit the best. The talent in our business receives great benefits and the opportunity to grow. Some of our fun perks include the ability to bring dogs to work, game day, barbecues, and more. If you think you would be an asset to our organization, connect with us. LabArchives is an Equal Opportunity Employer.