Organize Today: +1.760.579.0342 / 800.653.5016
Earl B. Beutler, CEO
Former co-founder of Research Information System, Inc, (developers of Reference Manager and Reference Update) and RefWorks (acquired by ProQuest in 2008), B.A. in Biology from the UCSD, and M.S. in Medical Information Systems from UCSF.
Matt Dunie, President
Mr. Dunie has founded or co-founded three information and content application services companies: including Insight Publications, RefWorks, and LabArchives, where he also serves as President. He was also president of academic publisher and technology provider Cambridge Scientific Abstracts (now ProQuest) for eight years. Mr. Dunie has held numerous board positions and currently serves as a Director of ThirdIron, LLC. Bachelor of Science, College of Journalism, University of Maryland at College Park.
Kirk Schneider, Chief Technology Officer
Over 25 years of development experience in the scientific and academic marketplace, former lead developer of Reference Manager and Reference Update as well as the co-founder, Chief Technology Officer and Lead Architect at RefWorks.
Steve Maybo, IT Director
Started his career in information technology at Research Information Systems, Inc., when he helped develop the first delivery of scientific current awareness via the Internet in the early 1990's. former co-founder and Director of Information Technology at RefWorks.
Marie Linvill, Director - Product Experience
Former Product Manager and Director of Content Integration at ProQuest, where she managed the launch of research funding solution, Pivot, and the researcher discovery and collaboration tool, Scholar Universe. In addition to cloud-based solutions for researchers, worked as Senior Editor for various academic publishers, including Little, Brown and Company and Singular Publishing Group.
Colleen Stempien, Director of Operations
Current Director of Operations of LabArchives. Prior to joining LabArchives, she was President of Vision InfoSoft and co-founder and President of RefWorks, She has a BA degree in Business from Michigan State University.
Jim McGinty, Co-Founder
Vice Chairmen , and previous President, of Cambridge Information Group (CIG) . More than 40 years in the Information Industry, Jim has led and actively participated in the research, development, an application of new technologies to serve the information needs of the research community.
To become a LabArchives integration partner, please contact us at email@example.com
Current Open Positions
Sales Representative is responsible for establishing relationships with key decision makers in in higher education institutions in scientific research functions, scientific instruction, administration and IT. As a Sales Representative, you will be responsible for generating leads and managing the sales process in order to convert new clients. We are seeking sales professionals who have a strong record of success managing and achieving sales goals within a team selling environment. The position will operate from a home office, with frequent travel required.
Sales Representative / Territory Manager
- Outbound focused sales position within a geographic territory
- Sales prospecting, engagement, negotiations
- Managing relationships in assigned accounts
- Execute all sales activities within assigned territory
- Conduct application demonstrations / training seminars and sales presentations
- Prepare and present detailed proposals to individual researchers, professors, IT and administrative staff
- Bachelors’ degree plus at least 5 years’ related experience, or equivalent combination of education and consultative relationship-driven sales experience with scientific software to the academic and research markets
- Experience selling enterprise SaaS based solutions within a complex sales process
- Higher Education sales experience a plus
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of LabArchives products as well as the needs of science instruction at the university level & data management in academic/corporate research labs
- Able to operate in a team selling environment and engage high-level decision makers
- Strong record of establishing relationships with new accounts and hitting performance objectives
- High level of enthusiasm
- Strong selling and negotiation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills; able to manage several projects simultaneously, function well in a fast-paced environment and coordinate effectively with other team members
- Scientific Lab course experience / Science / Engineering degree a plus
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills. Experience presenting products (in person and via online meetings)
- Experience working with CRM software applications
- Willingness for frequent travel, as well as flexibility to work infrequent evenings and/or weekends
Sales Prospecting, Managing Relationships, Conduct Presentations
Front-end Web Developer
As a Developer at LabArchives, you will be part of a small, dedicated team working on the development of our industry leading Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN). Working with your fellow developers you will have a substantial impact on the development process and ultimately our product.
- Be a Team member and collaborator.
- Work in conjunction with product managers and Team leads to craft a modern responsively adaptive user experience.
- Work closely with product managers and dev team managers to realize features and additions
- Be a Technology enthusiast.
You Will Need...
- Real world product development experience.
- Understanding of Material Design, React, JSX, Bootstrap, REST.
- Understanding of product development management techniques.
- Understanding of OOP and MVC and other development patterns.
- Experience with git.
- To reside in the United States.
Front-end Web Developer, Material Design, React, JSX, Bootstrap, REST, CSS, Responsive, Adaptive
Customer Care Representative
As our customer base is quickly expanding, we need an individual who enjoys working with customers in a variety of ways including, technical support, training, and documentation. This is a key role that will interface directly with our customers (laboratory professionals and professors) and sales representatives to resolve problems, answer questions and conduct application training.
- ELN application training of groups or individuals in person or via webinar
- Troubleshoot, analyze and solve problems over e-mail, chat, and phone
- Quality assurance and software testing
- Excellent knowledge of computer platforms, preferably on both Windows and Mac
- Customer service or Technical support experience
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Familiarity with science lab classes desired but not require
- Bi-lingual also a plus
Support, Training, Customer Care, Tech Support