Organize Today: +1.760.579.0342 / 800.653.5016
Earl B. Beutler, CEO
Former co-founder of Research Information System, Inc, (developers of Reference Manager and Reference Update) and RefWorks (acquired by ProQuest in 2008), B.A. in Biology from the UCSD, and M.S. in Medical Information Systems from UCSF.
Matt Dunie, President
Mr. Dunie has founded or co-founded three information and content application services companies: including Insight Publications, RefWorks, and LabArchives, where he also serves as President. He was also president of academic publisher and technology provider Cambridge Scientific Abstracts (now ProQuest) for eight years. Mr. Dunie has held numerous board positions and currently serves as a Director of ThirdIron, LLC. Bachelor of Science, College of Journalism, University of Maryland at College Park.
Kirk Schneider, Chief Technology Officer
Over 25 years of development experience in the scientific and academic marketplace, former lead developer of Reference Manager and Reference Update as well as the co-founder, Chief Technology Officer and Lead Architect at RefWorks.
Steve Maybo, IT Director
Started his career in information technology at Research Information Systems, Inc., when he helped develop the first delivery of scientific current awareness via the Internet in the early 1990's. former co-founder and Director of Information Technology at RefWorks.
Marie Linvill, Director - Product Experience
Former Product Manager and Director of Content Integration at ProQuest, where she managed the launch of research funding solution, Pivot, and the researcher discovery and collaboration tool, Scholar Universe. In addition to cloud-based solutions for researchers, worked as Senior Editor for various academic publishers, including Little, Brown and Company and Singular Publishing Group.
Colleen Stempien, Director of Operations
Current Director of Operations of LabArchives. Prior to joining LabArchives, she was President of Vision InfoSoft and co-founder and President of RefWorks, She has a BA degree in Business from Michigan State University.
Jim McGinty, Co-Founder
Vice Chairmen , and previous President, of Cambridge Information Group (CIG) . More than 40 years in the Information Industry, Jim has led and actively participated in the research, development, an application of new technologies to serve the information needs of the research community.
To become a LabArchives integration partner, please contact us at email@example.com
Current Open Positions (scroll down for details)
- Territory Manager, Enterprise
- Front-end Web Developer
- Systems Administrator
- Customer Care Representative
Territory Manager, Enterprise
The Territory Manager for Enterprise sales is responsible for establishing relationships and acquiring enterprise level customers with a primary focus on higher education and secondary focus on industry, healthcare and government research. Successful candidates will establish relationships with key decision makers in targeted institutions in scientific research functions, scientific instruction/support, administration and IT.
As a Territory Manager, you will be responsible for generating leads and managing the sales process in order to convert new clients. We are seeking sales professionals who have a strong record of success managing and achieving sales goals within a team selling environment. This role is the Northeastern US region (ideally Boston) and will operate from a home office with frequent travel required to customer institutions, as well as less frequent travel to LabArchives offices in San Diego (headquarters) and/or Washington DC area office.
- Outbound focused sales position within a geographic territory.
- Sales, prospecting, engagement, negotiations.
- Managing relationships in assigned accounts.
- Execute all sales activities within assigned territory.
- Conduct application demonstrations / training seminars, sales presentations, support.
- Prepare and present detailed proposals to individual researchers, professors, IT and administration staff.
- Bachelor's degree plus at least 5 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and enterprise level sales experience with scientific software to the academic & research markets.
- Experience selling enterprise SaaS based solutions within a complex sales process.
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of LabArchives products as well as the needs of science instruction at the university level & research data management in academic/government/corporate research labs.
- Able to operate in a team selling environment and engage high-level decision makers.
- Strong record of establishing relationships with new accounts and hitting performance objectives.
- High level of enthusiasm.
- Strong selling and negotiation skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills; able to manage several projects simultaneously, function well in a fast-paced environment and coordinate effectively with other team members.
- Scientific Lab course experience / Science / Engineering degree a plus.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills. Experience presenting products (in person and via online meetings).
- Experience working with CRM software applications.
- Willingness for frequent travel, as well as flexibility to work infrequent evenings and/or weekends.
- Higher Education sales experience a plus.
Sales, Prospecting, Managing Relationships, Marketing, Presentations, Support, Training
Front-end Web Developer
As a Developer at LabArchives, you will be part of a small, dedicated team working on the development of our industry leading Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN). Working with your fellow developers you will have a substantial impact on the development process and ultimately our product.
- Be a Team member and collaborator.
- Work in conjunction with product managers and Team leads to craft a modern responsively adaptive user experience.
- Work closely with product managers and dev team managers to realize features and additions
- Be a Technology enthusiast.
You Will Need...
- Real world product development experience.
- Understanding of Material Design, React, JSX, Bootstrap, REST.
- Understanding of product development management techniques.
- Understanding of OOP and MVC and other development patterns.
- Experience with git.
- To reside in the United States.
Front-end Web Developer, Material Design, React, JSX, Bootstrap, REST, CSS, Responsive, Adaptive
As a Systems Administrator, you will be part of a small, dedicated team interacting with many departments to support of our industry leading Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN) and internal, company systems. Working with developers, systems and quality assurance staff you will have a substantial impact on the many systems and processes behind the product we provide.
- Be a Team member and collaborator.
- Work to support desktop and server Linux, Windows and Mac systems.
- Work with system managers to help build, support and update cloud and on-premise systems and services.
- Be a Technology enthusiast.
You Will Need...
- Real world IT and systems administration experience.
- Knowledge and work experience with installing and supporting Windows and Mac desktop systems and Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge and work experience with Linux servers and including systems administration, security, backups, disaster recovery, scripting to automate processes.
- Knowledge and work experience with Amazon Web Services offerings such as EC2, RDS, S3, EFS and CloudWatch.
- Advanced knowledge of concepts including but not limited to virtualization, disk storage, mysql, encryption, security, network connectivity, NFS, DNS, firewalls and load balancers.
- The ability to provide completely maintain ongoing access, performance, security and availability to installations across the globe 24/7/365.
- To reside and be employed in the United States.
- Ability to submit to required background checks for security purposes
System Administrator, Amazon Web Services, Windows, Mac, Linux
Customer Care Representative
As our customer base is quickly expanding, we need an individual who enjoys working with customers in a variety of ways including, technical support, training, and documentation. This is a key role that will interface directly with our customers (laboratory professionals and professors) and sales representatives to resolve problems, answer questions and conduct application training.
- ELN application training of groups or individuals in person or via webinar
- Troubleshoot, analyze and solve problems over e-mail, chat, and phone
- Quality assurance and software testing
- Excellent knowledge of computer platforms, preferably on both Windows and Mac
- Customer service or Technical support experience
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Familiarity with science lab classes desired but not require
- Bi-lingual also a plus
Support, Training, Customer Care, Tech Support