Are you ready for the NIH 2023 Data Sharing Requirements? We are.
NIH Policy on Data Management & Sharing
What does this mean for you?
Investigators of ALL NIH-funded research are required to:
- Submit a Data Management and Sharing plan outlining how scientific data and any accompanying metadata will be managed and shared, taking into account any potential restrictions or limitations.
- Comply with the Data Management and Sharing plan approved by the funding Institute or Center (IC).
How does LabArchives help you meet this requirement?
LabArchives ELN was designed to maintain the security of research data while providing a means to safely share data following institution and funder requirements.
We are actively working with our partners to create and evolve solutions that meet the NIH guidelines and welcome your input. Join our working group discussion or contact us for more information.
LabArchives features to support requirements:
Data Management Plan
- Create and store a DMP securely in the notebook
- Upload external files with links
- Additional DMP solutions being developed
Persistent Digital Identifiers
- Generate a DOI for shared data
- Utilize ORCID ID for researchers
- Add DMP IDs to notebooks via our API
Data Sharing Options
- Share directly from LabArchives
- Approve public shares to control IP
- Create DOIs in the sharing process
- Integration with FigShare and other data repositories
NIH Data Management and Sharing Policy Overview https://sharing.nih.gov/data-management-and-sharing-policy/about-data-management-and-sharing-policy/data-management-and-sharing-policy-overview