Simplify Laboratory Inventory Management
Search & Browse Inventory to find item details.
Review order requests and view status in real time from anywhere.
Track item details, usage history, and connect to your ELN.
LabArchives Inventory streamlines the organization, tracking,
and ordering of lab inventory.
LabArchives Inventory is powerful yet easy-to-use tool to manage lab inventory.
- User Roles ensure consistency among lab members and compliance with policies.
- The Account Owner manages the subscription to LabArchives Inventory.
- The Lab Manager role has all the rights and privileges required to manage inventory, orders, users, settings, etc.
- Lab Members are able to create inventory items, search, place order requests and perform other tasks as allowed by the Account Owner and Lab Manager.
Key Benefits & Features Toward Better Science
- Automatically update inventories on use & receipt
- Avoid duplicate orders
- Faster locating, ordering, and approval workflow
- Improve reproducibility – integrated with LabArchives ELN
- Instantly Locate hazardous materials
- Lower the administrative burden for the lab manager
- Manage multiple types of materials & consumables
- Mirror the physical storage locations you already have
- Report on highly used categories and materials
- Save time & increase efficiency
- Speed documentation of materials use
- Access via mobile device
- Bulk import existing inventories
- Customize for your lab: locations, names, quantities, etc
- Filter inventory lists by Item, Type, and Location
- Locate materials required for a project
- Print and scan labels, barcodes, QR codes
- Report & monitor usage
- Search and sort inventory views by material type
- Set materials level notifications and thresholds
- Supports any type of inventory item
Import your existing inventory quickly
You have questions, and we have answers. Check our full list of Inventory FAQs here.
Can I import into LabArchives Inventory?
Yes, we provide an import template to upload your inventory information. It is organized by Inventory Type which can be customized in the Lab Management section of LabArchives Inventory.
Can I place orders with vendors directly from Inventory?
LabArchives Inventory allows for approval and organization of order requests. These requests can then be exported as a “shopping list” to enter into your institution’s ordering system.
Can I scan QR labels with the QR app on my phone?
The Inventory program has been designed to be mobile friendly. From your mobile device’s browser, you can scan QR codes you’ve generated from the program. Simply select the camera icon near the search window on the Inventory menu to scan.
Can I export from LabArchives Inventory?
Yes, inventory items and orders can be searched and filtered as well as exported for reporting and ordering purposes.
Can I customize information for my lab?
Yes, we have two highly customizable points:
- Inventory Types: We provide 9 default types to categorize inventory items, but you can modify to match the types used in your lab. You can customize the detail fields for the defaults, delete the ones that aren’t relevant (with the exception of the General), and create your own new types.
- Storage: You can create a multi-level representation of your storage locations so that you can view items from multiple perspectives.
- 30-day Free Trial
Academic / Non-Profit
- *Introductory Price Ends 8/31/21
- *Introductory Price Ends 8/31/21
LARGE GROUP, COMPANY OR ENTERPRISE?
Check out LabArchives for the Enterprise!
“Inventory is all about helping scientists organize items in their lab in a physical and digital way – items they ‘make’ and things they order, too. It’s a way for everyone to keep track of what they’re working on and what they’ll need in the future.“
LabArchives Inventory Designer